24 February 2010

First Blush

Greetings!  Welcome to the vacuuous black hole I like to call ... "My Thoughts".  I am your host, Kymmie.  

Tonight's brain dump is about food.  I wake up and think about it.  I go to work and think about it.  I come home from work and think about food.  I think about the happy hours that have turned into late dinners and how I can make what I just had at home, how I can make it better, how I can make it different.  As I sit here an type, I smell the pasta sauce my boyfriend is famous for (that little rat hasn't YET given me any insight on how to recreate it for myself).  All the while, he bitches about how my cooking/dessert creations have not helped his waistline. 

One of my favorite parts of the day is stopping at the wine shop on our way home from work and picking out a bottle for the evening's dinner.  Tonight is a nice bottle of Shiraz with our spinach and ricotta pasta pillows (of course with his famous red sauce).  Its nice to be able to sit back and watch him take pride in the thing that he knows - and I KNOW - he does very very well.  I am usually watching the Food Network the minute I get home, so tonight whilst I have my dinner prepared for me, I am watching episodes of Throwdown with Bobby Flay.  

Reflect with me on this : Why have a show where you always get your ass kicked by the townies? Just ONCE I would like to see him WIN and go "UHHHN! How you like me now, bitch!?!?!" then spike the losing dish like they used to do in the old days of football (before that was eventually called a "waste of time" by the NFL). 

*sigh*

Oh well ... it's his reputation.  I am going to keep up MY reputation by going to EAT. 

*raises glass of Shiraz* 

Bon Appetit!

./k

1 comment:

  1. Still getting most of my food through stomach tube (thanks to the recent hospital stay) and so far having worked my way to a little "recreational eating" by mouth, I can't help thinking a lot about food either. Can't wait to get back to a normal diet (I'll get there...).

    *a virtual raised glass back*

    ReplyDelete