As I run about the blogosphere marking and following entrepreneurs I am fans of, I find that I have not paid much attention to my own. Work has me a bit occupied as well as my latest boot/shoe/handbag purchases. However, the minute the boyfriend finds out I bought MORE? He will make me toss out as many as I purchased. Sandor thinks I am working. I am surfing the interwebs trying to find the next cute thing I want for spring season. So let's keep that between us girls, shall we? Moving on ...
I generally have bigger things to think about ... How much is project margin affected by expensing multiple meals for the team? How I should probably get this particular report done because my boss sits just down the hall and we ALL sit in an open office floor. Is the client happy with the product we came up with for release next week? Who let the dogs out? ... but today I thought about why I don't wear color. I don't. I am deathly afraid of it. I was told I am a fuschia kind of girl by one of the "I could look good in a goddamned garbage bag" kind of girls. I have two fuschia dresses ... and I am ready to pass them off to girlfreinds who embrace wearing cheerful, yet infinitely horrifying colors. As comfortable as I am in black, grey, off white, chocolate, and most subdued jewel tones, I cannot help but wonder - do I look like I am going to an art show in NYC or going to Chewbacca's funeral?
Since I am effectively finished with the project I am on, I am taking advantage of this weekend by spending lunch and shopping time on Saturday with my girlfriend Jodie who will be in from Spokane as well as brunch and shopping tme with my girlfriend Lianne on Sunday. In between, I will take a little baking time to myself and make little lemon pudding cuppiecakes for my friends Nick and Laura in honor of Nick's birthday. This sounds somewhat offsides, but I can make colorful, sparkly confections, I can suggest things for girlfriends to wear and enjoy - but I can't seem to make myself appropriately colorful and sparkly. I am hopeful that this girl time I spend this weekend (I am letting the boyfriend have his own time for himself or with his friends - we all need it), I imagine that maybe, just maybe, someone will steer me away from the camel dung brown boots and pullover I find most comforting.
Ugh. I need a handbag.
No comments:
Post a Comment