You know when you think something is one way and it's really another ... and not in a good way? I'm an adult and these days, I know things don't go as well as they do in the story books that were read to me as a small child.
I remember my "peewee years" fairly well. I was cute, spoiled, went on trips, played outside with my friends, ran amok in pre-school on the playground ... remember when the jungle gym was as big as the ship in Battlestar Gallactica? It was towering over us, so high, so big, and every day was a day that you said "today, I will race my friends to the top so I can slide down the fireman's pole first."
But there were kids that I knew that couldn't play outside with us ... they had to stay inside for coloring time. At best, they would sit along side the blacktop area watching all the other kids play Foursquare and Tetherball from their wheelchair. My cousin was one of the kids that needed to stay inside - because she had cancer. She went through hellish rounds of chemotherapy and her immune system was of course compromised. She had to wear a mask to school and hated every minute of it.
Not only things, but people can deceive you in the same way. I always am so surprised and disgusted at people's overall behaviour toward fellow man. I shouldn't be. Because quite frankly, people can be real assholes.
Case in point ... The Barefoot Cuntessa herself, Ina Garten. *Spelling error purposeful*
Get this, Nation ... she got a request from Make A Wish Foundation regarding one of her tiniest adoring fans - a little 6 year old boy who likely has to stay inside and watch his friends run and jump and play because his immune system isn't as robust as it should be. He has cancer. And he's only a peewee. He's six, for all the gods sake.
Which brings me to today's entry : An Ode to Rampant Douchebaggery - Totally Biographical ... by Kymmie.
Behold.
Dear Ms Garten:
My wish for you ... is to grow a brain, but only after you pull your head out of your ass.
I am appalled - yet not surprised - at your holier than thou behaviour you have displayed toward a dying 6 year old boy. I am wondering if this could possibly make you feel better, seeing that I am SURE you receive one of those a day and can't possibly meet ALL your pressing demands.
Humour me when I ask : How is it that President Barack Obama - and mind you, he is President of the world's largest super power - manages to meet a Wish Child, arranges for the child to meet his wife, their two children, their dog and get a tour of the White House? You on the other hand, aren't even close to a properly trained chef and don't run anything with a sphere of influence.
I am giving you the benefit of the doubt when I assume you might be too busy. You do realize you aren't curing cancer, correct? Oh - did Make A Wish mention that it was a 6 year old boy that was dying of cancer? Just checking because in the grand scheme of things ... a cooking show pales in comparison to the sanctity and dignity of life.
Sanctity and Dignity. Learn both of those concepts - it may help you someday.
For this, I do hope you can sleep at night knowing that you not only propagate the stereotype of East Coast citizens being the world's only living heart donors, but the ridiculously conceited and selfish shrews a good percentage of you are. You have shown your true colors - which happen to be every shade of black.
I will no longer watch your show or purchase any of your products. I will encourage my family, friends and network to do the same.
Sleeping well in Seattle,
./kymmie
Ina Garten is a grade A, classless wonder of a bitch. I don't give a flying f*** if she happens to read my letter and respond in kind to me. I am not conceited enough to think she would single ME out to respond, but she can be as callous and hateful to me as she wants. I could give two shits. In truth, my letter to her will likely go in the trash.
But f*** you Ina Garten - you are a selfish sow of epic proportions. There is a special spot in hell for people who dare to deny little babies their dying wish. You will need to know that they are building my condo down there as we speak. I will happily welcome you to the eternal sauna with a pitchfork in your eye. You and I are gonna throw when Judgment Day comes.
No comments:
Post a Comment